Recently Added Posts
Rct2 Stopped Working
janisozaur - Aug 15 2017 11:15 PM
You could give OpenRCT2 a try.
My Rct2 Stuff Dumped Onto Google Drive
janisozaur - Aug 15 2017 10:55 PM
@Parkitect your work is very valuable to us at OpenRCT2 team. I've taken liberty to post you...
The Reunion Topic
Sambo - Aug 03 2017 09:11 PM
Yeah... We're still here. Most are busy with so many things that we forget to check i...
Rct2 Stopped Working
Sambo - Jul 18 2017 05:44 PM
Have you updated any software or drivers? Have you installed any new software? Have you tried run...
The Reunion Topic
GCfanerDral - Jul 17 2017 09:41 PM
Making my rounds and checking back in. :)
I upgraded my pc to windows 8.1 earlier this year. My games were working fine on it(RCT2, SimCity4, etc., all cd versions), however, now I get the following message: "the ordinal 1 could not be located". I have tried reinstalling it, but to no avail. Can someone please help me get my game running again?
90 Views · 2 Replies ( Last reply by janisozaur )
I was looking through old archive disks for parks to play on open RCT2. In the process of which I found a lot of old RCT2 files, including the entire source code for 8 Cars per Trainer. Back around 2007, I thought about posting a lot of my source code online, but didn't have the space for it. Now it is easy to do so with the cloud storage on Google Drive. I went ahead and posted all of the stuff in my archive. You can now browse my master RCT2 folder and explore.
Things you may find include:
- Full source code for the 8cars trainer and many of my other utilties, including the failed SV426 park converter. Also Includes:
- A blank park maker that I tried to use for debugging parks created by SV426
- Source code for Rct2lib.dll, a library used by many of my distributed utilities
- ParkDat source and release versions
- Landmark Maker (large scenery) source and release versions.
- Palette maker executables and sample BMP files, but no source.
- All my RCT2 parks of note, many of which are filled with guests and ready for play in OpenRCT2, including
- An unfinished park with a medieval theme called Medieval Tales, which has a single Camelot themed area and a cool dueling coaster
- Cactus Mesa, a traditional Amusement park set in the southwestern desert
- Rival Land, a park based on college football
- The Great Outdoors and The Continents, two VP runner-up parks with identical layouts in a "Johnland" series
- The popular Back to the Future park with its RCT2-unfriendly paths. This park was originally going to be a team deal with the shortlived RCT Golden.
- recreations of Six Flags over Georgia and Knott's Berry Farm
- some small contest and experimental parks
- Sagalax, a sci-fi, story-driven park heavily 'borrowing' from Star Wars, but with my own spin; also a VP runner-up; instead of paths between themed areas, you have to ride a space ship down a starfield corridor.
- Sunset Bay, one of the first parks that I started on, and one of the last that I finished. Started in 2003, finished in 2007.
- Ride projects including the ones I made for the Sagalax park
- A giant tech folder including spreadsheets on many RCT1&2 formats, scratch pads where you can see my process for finding data areas, and dumps from file comparing utilities I made for the express purpose of examining changes in files and memory based on simple edits in RCT2.
- Personal information that I carelessly left in the folders before uploading (I hope not)
442 Views · 2 Replies ( Last reply by janisozaur )
...and the included Readme info:
This pack of scenarios is an attempt to remake all of the scenarios from RCT1 for RCT2 as accurately as possible, right down to the research order and staff uniform colors, and without using any Wacky Worlds, Time Twister, or custom scenery. Other users such as dakinle and RCTScenarioLover did a good job making their own while including some RCT2 extras into the mix, but I felt that this took away the good old "feel" of the original scenarios and decided to redo the build menus and research trees as exact as possible to the originals (with some exceptions, listed in the details), courtesy of rcthelp's Reaserch Trees on RCT Station. I think that this maintains the nostalgic feel and, for some scenarios, the challenge. All parks were re-categorized so that the Original RCTs are under Beginner, Corkscrew Follies under Challenging, and Loopy Landscapes under Expert. Rainbow Valley isn't exactly a beginner park, but it best resembles RCT1's categorization.
Here are some details about this scenario pack:
-The new RCT2 train types are included in the Corkscrew Follies and Loopy Landscapes scenarios, (Floorless Suspended Swinging coaster, Mini Coaster cars and toboggans, etc which are not considered a separate ride in RCT2).
-The default selected scenery when starting up the Scenario Editor (curved roof, support structure, queue line TV, etc) were also included, since for some reason when importing a landscape over from RCT1 it doesn't have them selected.
-Fixed those annoying un-purchasable land blocks in some scenarios like Pacific Pyramids and Urban Park.
-The unnamed rollercoasters in some scenarios were given names.
-Due to RCT2's contruction rights bug over the guests' entrance path, Bumbly Beach now has guests come from one edge of the map only, so rights can be purchased over at least one path. Nevermore Park's entrance was also moved up in front of the first rollercoaster station, but guests can still use the center path.
-Fiasco Forest and Alton Towers now have a Spiral Coaster in place of RCT1's Steel Mini versions of Whiplash and Black Hole, respectively.
-Heide-Park's Grottenblitz is now a Mine Ride instead of a Mine Train Coaster because that's what it is in real life.
-Loan interest rates for Sprightly Park and Blackpool Pleasure Beach are set to 2%, which is slightly more than in RCT1, but still manageable. The rates in Alton Towers and Heide-Park are set to 1% because rides can't have fees with a park entry fee like in RCT1, making it harder to sustain income.
-Panda World, an official scenario by Chris Sawyer, is included in this pack.
Let me know if you have any questions or find something that's broken.
4,643 Views · 9 Replies ( Last reply by Crappage )
Maurine uploaded the site again! With all its scenery parks and templates and such!
You can visit it here:
Have (RCT) fun!
796 Views · 1 Replies ( Last reply by Todd Lee )
Rct2 Stopped Working
hippyman - Jul 14 2017 06:16 PM
Trouble Finding A Scenario
thisisrichard - Mar 24 2017 01:29 AM
Rct1 And Rct2 On Win7?
SilverCloud - Jan 15 2017 07:07 PM
Rct Fun Back Online!
Mama Bear - Jan 13 2017 11:27 PM
Christmas Has Come A Couple Of Days Early...
rcthelp - Dec 22 2016 04:58 PM
Bing, Google, Yahoo